August H. Konkel
Konkel is president emeritus of Providence University College and Theological Seminary at Otterburne Manitoba. Konkel began at Providence as instructor in Old Testament in 1984; he served full time as professor of Old Testament until July, 2001. At that time Konkel was appointed president of the University and Seminary. He resigned as president effective June 30, 2012; the board appointed him to be president emeritus at the end of his presidency.
Konkel received his Ph. D. from Westminster Theological Seminary in 1987 under the direction of Raymond B. Dillard. His dissertation topic was Hezekiah in Biblical Tradition.
- Pastor at Kelfield Gospel Chapel, 1969-70.
- Pastor at Bethel Bergthaler Church, 1971-1982.
- Pulpit supply and church seminars form 1984 to the present, averaging at least 30 Sundays each year.
Major seminars and conferences include:
- Evangelical Mennonite Church. Conference, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Evangelical Mennonite Mission Church Conference, Hepburn, Saskatchewan.
- Fellowship of Evangelical Baptist Churches, Waldheim, Saskatchewan.
- Evangelical Free Church District Conference, Winnipeg, Manitoba.
- Lexical and semantic studies; publications include articles in New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology & Exegesis.
- Textual history & textual criticism, Hebrew and Greek Old Testament texts.
- Old Testament exegetical and theological studies.
- 1 & 2 Chronicles, Believers Church Bible Commentary, Herald Press.
- The Book of Job, Cornerstone Biblical Commentary, Wheaton Illinios:Tyndale Press, 2006.
- 1 & 2 Kings, New International Version Application Commentary, Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2006.